Warm-ups for playing My Gift of Grace
If you’re feeling uneasy or worried about playing My Gift of Grace check out these resources before you play. Taking time to read and think about life, death, and dying can help get you ready to play the game.
- Before I Die wall
- “Dying with Dignity and the Last Word on Her Life” (article)
- “Scott Simon, on Sharing His Mother’s Final Moments on Twitter” (article)
- Healthcare Directive Terminology
- Explanation of Living Will, Advance Directive, Power of Attorney
Resources for Advance Care Planning
- Advance Directives (US)
- Healthcare Proxy forms vary by country and state. Search for “Healthcare Proxy” and your state or country for more info.
These resources can help you continue the conversation and take steps toward better end of life planning.
- The Aging Population: End-of-Life Planning and Advanced Directives (infographic created by Bradley University’s Online Nurse Practitioner Program)
- Death & Design (A Common Practice blog that highlights groups working to unhide death)
- The Conversation Project
- Get Your Shit Together
- The Best Care Possible (book)
- “Advance Care Planning, Preferences for Care at the End of Life” (report)
- “Facing Death: Facts and Figures” (statistics)
- “Brain Injury – Coma: Some Facts” (statistics)
- “A Kinder, Gentler Death” (article)
- “Families Haunted by End of Life Decisions” (article)
- “Pulling the Plug: ICU ‘culture’ key to life or death decision” (article)
- “Weighing the Chances at Life’s End” (article)
- “How Doctors Die: Showing Others the Way” (article)
- “The Bitter End” (podcast)
Disclaimer of Liability: This information is provided as a public service. While some of the information on this site is about legal issues, it is not legal advice or legal representation. We make no warranty or guarantee of the accuracy or reliability of information contained herein or at other sources to which we refer. We assume no responsibility for any information, advice or services provided by service we reference.